- Alice Keeler (@alicekeeler) is one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter. She shares fantastic resources that focus on Google Apps. If you only follow a few people on Twitter please make sure she is one of them. Here is a post she wrote about Converting a PowerPoint attachment to Google Slides.
- @edudemic shared Jennifer Carey's (@TeacherJenCarey) post on Five Unusual Ways to Use Google Presentation. I like this list because it is ideas for ways students can use Google Docs beyond simply using it as a presentation tool.
- Holly Clark (@hollyclarkedu) shared this presentation called 20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web. This is a little geeky, but if you need to brush up on the technical things of how things on the web work then this will be very interesting to you. It is written in language that non-techies will appreciate and understand.
- Heather Callihan (@hcallihan) is a technology integration specialist in central Nebraska. She has created some great Chromebook resources. If you are interested in learning more about Chromebook you will want to check out her stuff!
- Jay Dostal (@jaydostal) Shared Molly Schroeder's post with tips that will help anyone who is using Chromebooks. Back to School with Chromebooks is packed with reminders and a refresher on vocabulary related to Chromebooks. She also included a nice list of tools that are used for finding content, collaborating, and creating.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Best of the Web - August 18, 2014
I've been monitoring the Twitterverse and I have come across some really great things that I think you will find useful.