|CC license Jsnape|
This morning I came across a post from Scott McLeod. In this post called We Have to Stop Pretending Scott lists five things we have to stop pretending.
Here is my take. We need to stop pretending......
- that we are communicating well.
- that textbooks are the curriculum.
- that what we did 30, 15, or even 5 years ago is good enough to teach students the skills they need to survive in the world they live in.
- that technology is a distraction.
- there is nothing wrong with remaining isolated.
I'm tagging Shaelynn Farnsworth, Mickie Mueller, Amanda Dykes, Kristina Peters, and Tina Photakis.
What about you? What are five things you think we need to stop pretending? If you write a post please tag with #makeschoolsdifferent